Welcome on the IAU Com 28 home page
Commission 28 deals with External GALAXIES:
- Morphology and Dynamics of Galaxies
- Galaxy Interactions and Galaxy Environment
- Starbursts and Star Formation History
- Active Nuclei of Galaxies (AGN)
- Chemical Evolution and Stellar Populations
It does not deal with the Milky Way, which is covered by
It is one of the 2 Commissions of
IAU Division VIII: Galaxies and the Universe, together with
Commission 47: Cosmology .
The Commission 28 has about 800 members.
Any IAU member who works in the field, and who is not yet a member of
this commission, should contact
its current president (2006-2009).
It is possible to be a member of several commissions (the number is no more
list of members can, unfortunately, not be published on this webpage
to legal constraints) but the addresses of individual members with a
name spelling may be found in the IAU
Last update: 2009
For more information, contact the